Saturday, March 24, 2007

Return to Arkansas trails to be hiked work to be done

Returning to Arkansas and there is work to be done. The firewood needs to be ready for the next short winter. Bill the woodsman at work. And at rest when the job is finished!





















Some creatures can cut wood and eat at the same time. The flicker and the Pieated woodpecker are common to our part of Arkansas. It is fun to watch them eat from feeders and of course the huge Pieated woodpecker looks somewhat like the long lost Ivory billed woodpecker.













































When the work is done there are trails to be walked, streams to sit beside, and bridges to be crossed.





































1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger marymaddux6272 said...

Arkansas is beautiful. I'm glad you enjoy where you live so much. I hope to be able to visit this summer. It was fun to see the result of all of your hard work chopping wood and you relaxing after your accomplishment. I like the picture of you on the bridge a lot too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home